1. Management reserves the right to refuse entry and remove persons behaving or dressed inappropriately
2. At no time may patrons act in any manner that may cause harm to another patron or worker, or cause damage to the venue or any property. Fines may apply or authorities may be called
3. Management reserves the right to inspect all bags upon entering and exiting the venue
4. No pets allowed other than designated guide or assistance animals
5. All entry tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable
6. All attendees over the age of 18 must wear their wrist bands in a visible place at all times, must consume alcohol responsibly and in accordance with state RSA laws, and must under no circumstances provide alcohol or purchase alcohol for underage attendees. Should this occur, all parties involved will be removed from the venue and local authorities will be contacted
7. Haven is a drug free event. Persons found failing to comply to this rule will be removed from the event and local authorities will be notified
8. Patrons will not be permitted to bring any glass items or non-approved weapons into the venue
9. Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only
10. Shoes must be worn at all times on the Exhibition Floor, in outdoor areas and indoor areas unless part of the scheduled Cosplay Presentation – and then, only in designated performance areas during the presentation. No roller-skates or roller-blades are allowed in non-performance areas
11. All ticket-holders understand that they may be filmed or photographed whilst attending Haven
Haven Video Game & Pop Culture Expo is dedicated to providing a safe and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance (including costumes), body size, race, or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment, bullying or assault of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any venue, including talks. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the organizers, or authorities may be contacted.
The definitions of harassment extend to all patrons, participants, performers, media practitioners, exhibitors, contractors, workers & volunteers, venue staff and celebrity guests. Harassment from or towards anyone, anywhere, is not acceptable.
Harassment / Bullying includes, but is not limited to:
• Offensive verbal or written comments or profanity
• Audible or visual threats or blackmail
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following (whether in person or online)
• Harassing / inappropriate photography or recording
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events, or disturbance to the detriment of others
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Sexual images or displays in public spaces
• Making someone fearful through certain behaviours
• Assault of a physical nature
It is up to everyone to be conscious of the behaviours of others, and call out those who are behaving inappropriately. What may be acceptable in your social circle may not be acceptable to those around you, so be conscious of your surroundings and the feelings and opinions of others.
Staff may take any action they deem appropriate within the scope of the Law – participants asked by staff to cease any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. One warning only will be given. Haven will remove offenders who repeatedly violate these policies; organisers may also notify the local law enforcement authorities.
All recorded details of the incident gathered for its reporting (which may include but are not limited to security footage, video playback and photographs, statements from victims and witnesses etc.) will be handed over to the police if required.
If you are being harassed or bullied please contact a staff member immediately. Staff can be identified by Haven-branded t-shirts, and are often wearing lanyards and/or other Haven merchandise. If uncertain, a Haven volunteer (identifiable by their volunteer shirts and name badges) will provide directions, or take you to the nearest staff member.
If you wish to make a report, staff will record all relevant details including witness statements in an Incident Report Form, and further assist participants to contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event.
If you witness harassment or bullying, contact staff or security, and do not engage directly. Take note of the culprit’s appearance and any other information, such as what time and location the incident occurred, what was said or done, and whether the person or persons moved to a different location after the incident. You may be called upon to provide a witness statement.
Haven discourages individuals from taking any personal physical action against someone they have witnessed engaging in harassing or bullying behavior, or whom they suspect to be a culprit of such behavior.
We expect all patrons and participants to follow this Anti-Harassment Code of Conduct at all Haven venues and related events.